Excursion tips in Schenna, Meran and surroundings
Schenna, the cure and spa town Meran, Meran & environs and the whole of South Tyrol offer unique excursion destinations and numerous highlights that you should not miss! Our tips:
- The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle In 2005 the gardens were selected as the most beautiful gardens in Italy, and in 2006 they attained the 6th ranking of the most beautiful gardens in Europe. On a slope above Meran you'll find the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff, the former winter domicile of Austrian Empress Elisabeth, with the Sensual Garden, the Japanese Garden, the cacti and cultivated plants from the south such as the olive tree and the grapevine.
- Tirol Castle is definitely worth a visit! Children and adults receive an insight into life in the castle and the history of our region! Directly near the castle you can visit the Bird Care Centre with eagles and other wild birds.
- Schenna Castle hosts the unique collections of Archduke Johannes with the largest private collection of weapons in Tyrol's castles and museums, and the largest private Andreas Hofer collection.
- Alpinbob in Meran.... toboggan run on rails for old and young
- Moos Punker In the Passeiertal Valley you can admire a bunker from World War II with exhibition pieces from the Texel Group Nature Park, settlements and history, and an adventure bunker. The outdoor area hosts an ibex area and a climbing wall. After crossing a rock wall you also reach the exhibition area of the historic mines in Schneeberg.
- The Tappeiner path is a symbol of the "garden town" Meran, and also one of the most beautiful alpine promenades in Europe. The path leads over the sunny hills of Küchelberg to Gratsch and offers an interesting mix of alpine and Mediterranean plants, and of course a great view over the city and the entire Burggrafenamt region. A wonderful hiking experience especially in spring!
- Ötzi Museum and Ötzi Show Gallery: Ötzi – the 5,000-year old mummy from the ice can be seen in the Museum of Archaeology in Bozen.
- MMM – Messner Mountain Museum Firmian: Meanwhile, Reinhold Messner has opened 5 museums. The centrepiece of his mountain museums is the MMM near Firmian. An absolute must during your South Tyrol holidays!
- Bozen, the capital of South Tyrol: Bozen, the capital of South Tyrol, is located only 30 km from Meran. Bozen features Walther Square, the arbours, the Town Theatre, the Museum of Archaeology, the Nature Museum, Runkelstein Castle, the Messner Mountain Museum, and many more opportunities!
MeranCard 2020/21Included in the room price!
The Meran card contains several services that are available at no extra cost or at a reduced price
Bonus weeks: Single with children27.03.2021 – 01.11.2021from 553 € / Person
Enjoy an adventurous holiday together with your kids! If you book this deal, you pay the regular room price (no minimum occupancy of 2 persons necessary).